Friday, May 14, 2010

A Good Day

Today was a good day! My kids played happily while I was able to get some work done. Then after a quick trip to town my son took a long nap while my daughter and I ate lunch and settled down for quiet time. She watched "The Little Mermaid" and I did my Bible study with Beth Moore.

Today, it talked about friends that stick with you no matter what. One phrase that she had everyone say was: "I love you now, I'll love you when you are unlovable because you are my friend." I wish I had someone like that in my life. In the previous lesson she had pointed out that our definition of friend is not quite accurate. Too many times we call people our friends when they are only acquaintances. A friend is someone who is distinguished above and beyond an acquaintance. They are someone that you actually let "into" your heart and someone that you can share your soul with. Someone who can make you a better person as well as stick with you through everything. I haven't had that in a very long time. My last friend was back in college. And we were friends until we let drama divide us and we let go of that stick with you through everything "thing." I've searched for a friend like that all my life and can't seem to find one. I've met people who I would like to get to know on that kind of a level but they never seem to be interested in me that way. I know that this is all part of God's plan for my life but sometimes it just leaves me feeling very lonely.

I guess the one "bad" thing in my day is that we did not have a good sit down dinner as a family. My husband made his own dinner as did I. I fed the kids separately too. Then I never got back around to washing the dishes. I guess that will be waiting for me in the morning.

Oh, yea tonight was supposed to be movie night with my husband but that didn't work out either. So after more than a week of not blogging I just decided to write this while he played his STUPID video game yet again. Oh well, that's life. I am going to go to bed now.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment